Re: BUG #2948: default null values for not-null domains

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2948: default null values for not-null domains
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Sergiy Vyshnevetskiy <serg@vostok.net> writes:
> Not at all. What's "broken" is the idea of variable as a simple piece of
> memory. It is correct for base types, but not for domains - they may have
> non-empty constructors (in C++ terminology).

That may be, but I'm unwilling to pay the overhead for *every* variable
when most of them won't be domains.  I'm inclined to extend PLpgSQL_type
to include a domain indicator and only do it the hard way when we have to.

[ looks at code... ]  Actually, I think we already have the flag we
need: look to see if the typinput function is strict.