Re: full join question...

От Niklas Johansson
Тема Re: full join question...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5 apr 2006, at 16.39, Jonas F. Henriksen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working with postgres and I have a question regarding a self-
> join on
> my table (se below for table definition and testdata):
> I want to retrieve all depths that have either a measuretype=1040 or a
> measuretype=4001 or both.

> All help apreciated (hope you understand what I want to do...),

Not sure I understand why you need a join... You say you want to
retrieve all depths that have certain measuretypes. Wouldn't the
following query do?

SELECT DISTINCT depth FROM testtable WHERE measuretype IN (1040, 4001);

Is there anything else you need from the query as well?

Mvh,

Niklas Johansson
Tel: 0322-108 18
Mobil: 0708-55 86 90