Re: PL/pgsql insert into failing even with returning into clause

От Mark Bannister
Тема Re: PL/pgsql insert into failing even with returning into clause
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Thanks.  No the error is on the line I am posting about.  I realize a record is optimal but it doesn't even work in the
simpleexample.  Line ~47-49 is the error depending on which version.

Mark B

> On Apr 16, 2020, at 7:39 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Mark Bannister <mark@injection-moldings.com> writes:
>> I have a simple insert into query in a PL/pgsql function.  I have a
>> returning into clause.
>>  I have tried it multiple ways but it always gives me the "query has no
>> destination for result data" error.
>
> It looks like you forgot to include "INTO plpgsql-result-variable"
> in the last UPDATE RETURNING in the function.  You do have that
> in the earlier one, maybe you just got confused about which one
> the system was complaining about?
>
>> *Desired version:*
>
>> INSERT  INTO __formuilist  (formidfkey,uiname,mastertablelistxref_fkey)
>>          VALUES(_formidfkey,_uiname, _mastertablelistxref_fkey)
>>          RETURNING ROW
>>           INTO   formlistrow ;
>
> I believe the easiest way to accomplish that is something like
>
> INSERT ... RETURNING __formuilist.* INTO composite_variable
>
> where composite_variable could be declared RECORD, or given
> the table's named rowtype.
>
>            regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: PL/pgsql insert into failing even with returning into clause
Сообщение: Re: PL/pgsql insert into failing even with returning into clause