Re: Execute SQL statements with 'context'/predefined variables

От chester c young
Тема Re: Execute SQL statements with 'context'/predefined variables
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> I was wondering if it is possible to set the 'context' for running an
> sql command

Oracle has a Context('varname') that returns the value of varname for
the session.  to best of my knowledge pg has nothing like this.

> I guess bottom line, is it possible to execute a bunch of SQL
> statements with some predefined variables?

you could use rules to inject you constants as long as you were dealing
with known tables/views; you'd have to rewrite the rules each time the
constants changed; the rules are not session oriented - each sessions
would use the same rule.

(if you have not used pg rules imho you are in for a very pleasant
surprise.)

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?