Re: BUG #15860: Postgresql service does not start when the pg_hba.conf is changed

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15860: Postgresql service does not start when the pg_hba.conf is changed
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Fabio Pardi <f.pardi@portavita.eu> writes:
> On 19/06/2019 15:56, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
>> When I add a line on the file using the format "local    all        all
>> xx.xx.0.0/16    md5" the windows service does not start and gives on the
>> event viewer the error "Timed ou waiting for server startup".

> I think that is legit, since the correct format should be:
> local   all     all         md5
> and no IP specified (else you should use 'host' instead of local)

Yeah.  Also, the OP is on a Windows machine, and there's no point at
all in using "local" entries on Windows.  Those apply to Unix-socket
connections, which is a concept Windows hasn't got.  Instead use a
"host" line matching 127.0.0.1, and/or one for ::1 for IPV6.