Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] UNICODE/UTF-8 on win32

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] UNICODE/UTF-8 on win32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"John Hansen" <john@geeknet.com.au> writes:
>> "It fails on my machine" should not be read as "it doesn't
>> work for anyone".
>> It all depends on how your local mbstowcs() works.

> Ok,... Do you have an example of a system on which it works?

On HPUX 10.20, mbstowcs seems to treat all byte values as single-byte
characters in C locale, so my sample-of-one says that it works
everywhere ;-).

Nonetheless, it's clear that in C locale mbstowcs cannot be buying us
anything compared to using the old <ctype.h> macros, so I'm fine with
adding a check on the locale as per previous discussion.