Re: [HACKERS] Use of non-restart-safe storage by temp_tablespaces

От Sven R. Kunze
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Use of non-restart-safe storage by temp_tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06.06.2017 14:31, Bruce Momjian wrote:
On Tue, Jun  6, 2017 at 04:39:50AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
I was thinking that you could create the init fork for each unlogged
table in a permanent tablespace (probably the default one for the
database).

FWIW I don't think calling these tablespaces "temporary" is the right
word.  It's not the tablespaces that are temporary.  Maybe "evanescent".
I was thinking "transient".  Amazon uses "ephemeral".

Just dropping a translator result here:

[1] results of https://www.dict.cc/deutsch-englisch/fl%C3%BCchtig.html

What about VOLATILE like computer memory (RAM)?

Sven

[1]
volatile {adj}chem.
briefly {adv}
fleeting {adj}
fugitive {adj} [temporary, fleeing]
brief {adj}
cursory {adj}
transient {adj}
vaguely {adv} [look, interested]
transitory {adj}
perfunctory {adj}
hasty {adj}
ephemeral {adj}
fleetingly {adv}
momentary {adj}
evanescent {adj}
passing {adj}
absconded {adj}
casual {adj} [glance, acquaintance etc.]
desultory {adj} [reading]
tangential {adj}
ethereal {adj}chem.
etherial {adj}chem.