Re: Clarification

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Clarification
Дата
Список pgsql-general
ashley <ashley@SITCAS.com.au> writes:
> I wish to run postgresql on a Linux (Slackware) server over a LAN.
> The client must reside on Apple MacIntosh (12 of them)

What are you planning to write the client in?

If you haven't decided yet, one possibility is Tcl.  It runs fine on
Macs.  I'm not sure whether our libpgtcl interface would port easily
to Mac --- libpgtcl itself probably would, but it depends on libpq
which uses Unix-isms like select().  (Has anyone tried that?)  However,
somewhere out there is a Tcl Postgres client library written entirely
in Tcl, and it would surely drop in and run on a Mac.  I don't have a
URL at hand for that library, but I know it exists --- try checking our
mail list archives from a year or two back to see what you can turn up.