Re: Non-superuser subscription owners

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Robert,

31.03.2023 23:00, Robert Haas wrote:
That looks like a reasonable fix but I can't reproduce the problem
locally. I thought the reason why that machine sees the problem might
be that it uses -DRELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE, but I tried that option here
and the tests still pass. Anyone ideas how to reproduce?

I've managed to reproduce it using the following script:
for ((i=1;i<=10;i++)); do
echo "iteration $i"
echo "
CREATE ROLE sub_user;
CREATE SUBSCRIPTION testsub CONNECTION 'dbname=db'
  PUBLICATION testpub WITH (connect = false);
ALTER SUBSCRIPTION testsub ENABLE;
DROP SUBSCRIPTION testsub;
SELECT pg_sleep(0.001);
DROP ROLE sub_user;
" | psql
psql -c "ALTER SUBSCRIPTION testsub DISABLE;"
psql -c "ALTER SUBSCRIPTION testsub SET (slot_name = NONE);"
psql -c "DROP SUBSCRIPTION testsub;"
grep 'TRAP' server.log && break
done

iteration 3
CREATE ROLE
ALTER SUBSCRIPTION
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because ano
ther server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.
       before or while processing the request.
connection to server was lost
TRAP: failed Assert("IsTransactionState()"), File: "catcache.c", Line: 1208, PID: 1001242

Best regards,
Alexander