Re: Suitability of postgres for very high transaction volume

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Suitability of postgres for very high transaction volume
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alex Avriette <a_avriette@acs.org> writes:
> I'm intending to use postgres as a new backend for a server I am running.
> The throughput is roughly 8gb per day over 10,000 concurrent
> connections.

You will need to find a way of pooling those connections; I doubt you
really want to have 10000 backend processes running at once, do you?

> ... I'm using perl's POE, so there could conceivably be
> several dozen to even a hundred or more concurrent queries.

A hundred or so concurrent operations seems perfectly reasonable, given
that you're using some serious iron.  But I think you want a hundred
active backends, not a hundred active ones and 9900 idle ones.