Re: [HACKERS] Testing, Hello?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Testing, Hello?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Henry B. Hotz" <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:
> At 4:18 PM -0800 11/25/98, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Ideally we'd need an autoconf test to discover whether kerberos and
>> crypt libraries are compatible on a given machine, and an autoconf
>> --with switch to allow the user to decide which one to include if
>> they're not.  Do you have any ideas about a simple way to check whether
>> this problem exists on a given platform?

> If you include <crypt.h> and <krb.h> from the system and
> /usr/athena/include respectively then you get a compile error.

OK, that seems pretty easy to check.

> I will put in a plug for autoconf support for kerberos in any case.  We
> need a --with-kerberos[={4,5}] option and --with-kerberos-include=..,
> --with-kerberos-lib=.., and --with-kerberos-srvtab=.. options.

Where does that information get entered now --- do you have to do it
manually after running configure?

I'd be willing to do the autoconf hacking, but since I have no kerberos
setup here, I can't test it; and I'm not familiar enough with kerberos
to expect to get it right the first time.  If you can test but don't
want to hack the code, let's get together off-list and work on it.

> The administrator guide says support for kerberos IV will disappear when 5
> is released.  I think there should be a fairly long delay in that.

As long as we have kerb4 support in the code (and I'm not hearing anyone
propose to take that out), it ought to be supported at the autoconf
level too.