Re: Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
<andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
> This analysis makes sense - I think using memcmp is clearly wrong here.

Yeah, now that I think about it, we're betting on the kernel to
faithfully zero all unused bits in addrinfo structures.  In an ideal
world, all kernels would do that, but in the real world it seems like
a losing bet.

I could go for Jan's idea of putting a random key into the messages,
if anyone feels that we should not trust to the kernel to enforce the
packet source address restriction.  But the memcmp() test seems a clear
loser given today's discussions.

Сообщение: Re: Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2