Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function

От Gilles Darold
Тема Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Le 28/11/2016 à 18:54, Karl O. Pinc a écrit :
> Hi Gilles,
>
> On Sun, 27 Nov 2016 21:54:46 +0100
> Gilles Darold <gilles.darold@dalibo.com> wrote:
>
>> I've attached the v15 of the patch that applies your changes/fixes and
>> remove the call to strtok().
> I like the idea of replacing the strtok() call with sscanf()
> but I see problems.
>
> It won't work if log_filename begins with a space because
> (the docs say) that a space in the sscanf() format represents
> any amount of whitespace.
Right

> As written, there's a potential buffer overrun in log_format.
> You could fix this by making log_format as large as lbuffer,
> but this seems clunky.

Sorry, Isee that I forgot to apply the control in number of character
read by sscanf.

The problem about white space make me though that the use of sscanf is
not the right solution, I will rewrite this part but I can not do that
before the end of the week.

--
Gilles Darold
Consultant PostgreSQL