Re: Maintenance Policy?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Maintenance Policy?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Heikki
> Linnakangas<heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> Hmm, I thought we dropped support for 7.4 a while ago, and there's no
>> download link for it on www.postgresql.org anymore. But looking at the
>> CVS history, I see that others are still committing fixes to 7.4 branch.

> We dropped the link when we released 8.4, primarily for space reasons.
> I believe Tom is still patching 7.4 though as Redhat have obligations
> to support it and he'd have to do it regardless of project policy.

I'm still theoretically on the hook for 7.3, too.  In practice I doubt
I'd be able to get any but really critical security updates into RHEL-3
or RHEL-4 at this point, so the notion that we're supporting these old
versions because Red Hat wants 'em is probably not holding any water
anymore.

I'd personally be perfectly happy with a community decision to desupport
7.4 now, or perhaps after the next set of update releases (which we're
probably overdue for, BTW).  We cannot support an indefinitely large set
of back branches, and a five-year lifespan seems about right to me.

Сообщение: Re: *_collapse_limit, geqo_threshold
Сообщение: Re: *_collapse_limit, geqo_threshold