Re: [PERFORM] unusual performance for vac following 8.2 upgrade

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [PERFORM] unusual performance for vac following 8.2 upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> (2) Reconsider whether last-vacuum-time should be sent to the collector
> unconditionally.

Actually, now that I look, the collector already contains this logic:

    /*
     * Don't create either the database or table entry if it doesn't already
     * exist.  This avoids bloating the stats with entries for stuff that is
     * only touched by vacuum and not by live operations.
     */

and ditto for analyze messages.  So my idea that the addition of
last-vac-time was causing an increase in the statistics file size
compared to 8.1 seems wrong.

How large is your $PGDATA/global/pgstat.stat file, anyway?