Re: workaround steps for autovaccum problem

От tamanna madaan
Тема Re: workaround steps for autovaccum problem
Дата
Re: workaround steps for autovaccum problem  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I know upgrading postgres will resolve the problem permanently .
But I wanted some workaround for now before I actually upgrade.
But let me know if I really need to execute `vacuum freeze`
In the scenario given in my previous update  or I can skip this step.

For your reference I am again updating the scenario :

Autovacuum is getting invoked after every 5 mins and vacuums all the
database turn by turn and every database is getting its turn of
autovaccum after every 20 mins as there are 4 databases (template0 ,
template1, postgres and abc(my database) ).

Now suppose , this autovacuum problem occurs and through some script its
detected immediately at the very onset of the problem and below
mentioned workaround steps are executed

1. Stop postgres
2. create 256K zero filled  0C01 file in /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog
folder.
3. Start postgres

Then still , do I need to execute 'vacuum freeze' on all databases ??
Because, my databases were already getting autovacuumed properly before
the problem , the problem was resolved as soon as it occurred within let
say 2 mins and after the problem is resolved by workaround steps, then
autovacuum will   start vacuuming all the 4 databases  every 20 mins as
I mentioned above.

Please confirm ...