"attempted to lock invisible tuple" error while update

От tamanna madaan
Тема "attempted to lock invisible tuple" error while update
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi All

I am using a  cluster setup  with two nodes in it. Replication between two nodes is being done through slony.

Postgres version is 8.1.2 and slony version is 1.1.5 .

I am running an operation that does thousands of update/inserts/delete on some tables. While running update query on a

particular table let say <abc> , it gives error “attempted to lock invisible tuple” and fails. This update query is supposed to update

 hundreds of record. Sometimes it gives the error while  running this update query and sometimes not. I have seen postgres logs of two

 instances when it fails due to “attempted to lock invisible tuple” error , in these two instances while it was doing an update  on <abc> table,

 another query was going on the same table which was updating a particular record. Can this (two updates at the same time on the same table) be the reason for

this error  in some way ( just a guess) . If not, then what can be the reason of this error ??

Please help.

Thanks..

Tamanna