Re: Collation versioning

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Collation versioning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hmm, a failure from dory (WIndows) during pg_upgrade:

> performing post-bootstrap initialization ... 2020-11-02 08:08:22.213
> EST [5392] FATAL:  could not get collation version for locale
> "English_United States.1252": error code 87

> 87 means invalid parameter.  I'm surprised it got through various
> other tests and then failed here.  Whelk (also Windows) passed using
> "German_Germany.1252".  Hmm.  I'll wait for more Windows systems to
> report.

drongo just did it too, and it seems repeatable on dory.  I'm not 100%
sure, but I think the buildfarm's initial "check" step may be run under C
locale while pg_upgrade sees whatever the machine's prevailing locale is.
If that's correct, it seems like the simplest explanation is just that
extraction of a collation version is busted for (some?) non-C locales on
Windows.  Could be something as dumb as spaces in the locale name
being problematic.