Re: scan.c:900: warning: ... postgresql-7.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: scan.c:900: warning: ... postgresql-7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Limin Liu <limin@pumpkinnet.com> writes:
>> What compiler version are you using, and with what command-line switches?

> % gcc -v
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.91.66/specs
> gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)

> I believe this compiler is not that old.

Two years is a long time... I have been using gcc 2.95.2 until about two
weeks ago, when I updated to 2.95.3.  Neither of them complain about
this file, and I have not heard any reports of complaints from other
people about it either.

> Everything looks fine to me and the previous copy (7.1 beta4) doesn't give
> me any warning message.  That's why I am curious what's going on...

There were some irrelevant-looking changes in scan.l between beta4 and
release, which perhaps could have triggered this glitch.

Actually, what's even more interesting is that you get the same bogus
warning messages from bootscanner.c.  I presume you weren't seeing that
before, either?  bootscanner.l has not changed (except for a
copyright-notice update) since 7.1beta1.  It's hard to draw any other
conclusion than that something has gone wrong with your compiler
installation.  Is it possible your disk dropped a bit, or something
like that?