pg.conf re-reading in signal handler or at next return to main loop?

От Markus Bertheau
Тема pg.conf re-reading in signal handler or at next return to main loop?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

src/backend/utils/misc/README says

"
If SIGHUP is received, the GUC code rereads the postgresql.conf
configuration file (this does not happen in the signal handler, but at
next return to main loop; note that it can be executed while within a
transaction).
"

SIGHUP_handler() calls ProcessConfigFile() which calls
ParseConfigFile() which reads postgresql.conf.

For me that means that postgresql.conf in read in the signal handler,
which contradicts the claim in the README. Where's my error?

Markus Bertheau