Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-03-07 Th 10:28, Jacob Champion wrote:
> Some more observations as I make my way through the patch:
>
> In src/common/jsonapi.c,
>
>> +#define JSON_NUM_NONTERMINALS 6
> Should this be 5 now?

Yep.

>> +       res = pg_parse_json_incremental(&(incstate->lex), &(incstate->sem),
>> +                                                                       chunk, size, is_last);
>> +
>> +       expected = is_last ? JSON_SUCCESS : JSON_INCOMPLETE;
>> +
>> +       if (res != expected)
>> +               json_manifest_parse_failure(context, "parsing failed");
> This leads to error messages like
>
>      pg_verifybackup: error: could not parse backup manifest: parsing failed
>
> which I would imagine is going to lead to confused support requests in
> the event that someone does manage to corrupt their manifest. Can we
> make use of json_errdetail() and print the line and column numbers?
> Patch 0001 over at [1] has one approach to making json_errdetail()
> workable in frontend code.

Looks sound on a first look. Maybe we should get that pushed ASAP so we
can take advantage of it.

> Top-level scalars like `false` or `12345` do not parse correctly if
> the chunk size is too small; instead json_errdetail() reports 'Token
> "" is invalid'. With small chunk sizes, json_errdetail() additionally
> segfaults on constructions like `[tru]` or `12zz`.

Ugh. Will investigate.

> For my local testing, I'm carrying the following diff in
> 001_test_json_parser_incremental.pl:
>
>> - ok($stdout =~ /SUCCESS/, "chunk size $size: test succeeds");
>> - ok(!$stderr, "chunk size $size: no error output");
>> + like($stdout, qr/SUCCESS/, "chunk size $size: test succeeds");
>> + is($stderr, "", "chunk size $size: no error output");
> This is particularly helpful when a test fails spuriously due to code
> coverage spray on stderr.

Makes sense, thanks.

I'll have a fresh patch set soon which will also take care of the bitrot.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Amit Kapila
От: Peter Smith
Сообщение: Re: Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer