Re: abi-compliance-checker

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: abi-compliance-checker
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Independently, I'm a bit confused as to why we export pgresStatus in
> exports.txt - I don't see any reason for that. Looks like it might be leftover
> from before fa0f24165c0?

It looks like before fa0f24165, the *only* way to convert ExecStatusType
to text was to access that array directly.  That commit invented the
wrapper function PQresStatus(), but at that point our docs were so poor
that there wasn't any good way to mark use of the array as deprecated.
A bit later, 9ceb5d8a7 moved the array declaration to libpq-int.h
(without any discussion in the commit message, but maybe there was
some on-list).

Maybe there's still application code out there using it, I dunno.
What I do know is that removing the exports.txt entry will provoke
squawks from distros' ABI checkers.