Re: Committers info for the git migration - URGENT!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Committers info for the git migration - URGENT!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Dan McGuirk is definitely right.  I do not remember Julian Assange at
> all.  Why do we believe it is Julian Assange?

There's half a dozen commits from back around 1996 applied by Marc
on behalf of Julian Assange <proff@suburbia.net>, and then about
half a dozen committed by "julian" without any other ID.  The first
of the former is

* src/: bin/monitor/monitor.c, bin/psql/psql.c,interfaces/libpq/fe-exec.c, interfaces/libpq/libpq-fe.h: libpq andpsql.c
havebeen modified to do various things they didn't dobefore (plus some optimisations/bug fixes et al).  I've included
asmalldemo transcript below. Note that all of of the displayfunctionality/intelligence you see here, can be had merely
bycallingthe new LIBPQ PQprint() routine with the appropriatearguments/options, including the HTML3 output
guff.submittedby:  Julian Assange <proff@suburbia.net>

and the last of the latter is

* src/bin/psql/psql.c: command line flag for expanded display '-x'had logic reversed

So far as I can see, he only contributed to psql not the backend.

Oh wait, here is one where he identifies himself as "proff":

* src/bin/psql/psql.c: Large re-write/enhancement. In pg-101 Jollyonly included a smaller part of my (proff) patch.
Thisis the restof it, with a few, mainly aesthetic changes. I've removed a lot ofredundency from the original code,
addedsupport for the newPQprint() routines in libpq, expanded tables, and a few generallynifty ways of massaging data
inand out of the backend. Still needssome good stress testing.

So this committer is him, not some other Julian.

Сообщение: Re: Committers info for the git migration - URGENT!
Сообщение: Re: Committers info for the git migration - URGENT!