Re: [BUGS] BUG #14471: PostgreSQL 9.6 "NOT IN" in select causes crash with "ERROR: unknown error"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14471: PostgreSQL 9.6 "NOT IN" in select causes crash with "ERROR: unknown error"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
josef.machytka@gmail.com writes:
> Looks like PostgreSQL 9.6 now very probably has some bug connected with "NOT
> IN" command. We have select which actually crashes after several hours (!)
> of run with message "ERROR:  unknown error". Although according to explain
> plan it should be done in ~40 minutes.

This is an interesting report, but without enough information to replicate
the problem, we're unlikely to be able to help you.  A fragment of a
query, with zero information about the underlying tables, is far from
enough.

The only occurrences of the string "unknown error" that I can find in the
source code are in dblink and postgres_fdw (both reflecting cases where
the remote server did not return an error message, itself a "shouldn't
happen" situation).  If you were using either, you didn't say so; but if
you were, maybe taking a look in the remote server's log would be useful.