Re: navigation menu for documents

От Serge Fonville
Тема Re: navigation menu for documents
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
All,

>>> For a very long time I have thought that it would be useful to have some
>>> sort of navigation menu for the docs
>>
>> Oh yes, pretty please :)
>>
>>> Navigating the docs requires far too much use of the back button and up
>>> links, IMNSHO. A menu frame would make them far more usable.
>>
>> No, please, no frame! Really...
>
> Yes, really. What you suggest here is just not adequate, IMNSHO. I don't
> want to have to scroll to the top or bottom of the page to get navigation,
> and I want to be able to see the navigation and go where I want directly.
>
> I know some people have a violent aversion to frames, but I don't. They have
> legitimate uses.
Frames are (imho) very difficult to maintain. An easy alternative is
use of floating divs, possibly combined with javascript to make it fit
nicely to the window size. That way, 'breadcrumb' is always visible.
And I believe it is a lot easier to set up and maintain (generate)

Just my 2ct

HTH

Regards,

Serge Fonville

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Filtering dictionaries support and unaccent dictionary
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Mysql.whynot or PG vs MySQL comparison table?