Re: "Existing installation" when there should be none

От Serge Fonville
Тема Re: "Existing installation" when there should be none
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

Have you checked if the directory exists?
Are there any postgres.exe processes running?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Serge Fonville

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 11:38 PM, Wm.A.Stafford <stafford@marine.rutgers.edu> wrote:
I'm trying to install PostgreSQL on a WindowsXP machine that once had a PostgreSQL 8.3 installation.  As far as I could tell the original installation was removed, there is no PostgreSQL directory and nothing that looks like a Postgres file.  However, when I try to do an install I get a popup with the message:
An existing PostgreSQL installation has been found at
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3.  This installation will be
upgraded.

There is no such directory.  PostgreSQL8.3 does not show up on the currently installed programs list.
Do I need to do some sort of PostgreSQL specific uninstall?

-=beeky