Re: PostgreSQL clustering with DRBD

От Serge Fonville
Тема Re: PostgreSQL clustering with DRBD
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply

Since the cluster will be multi-master/dual-primary, do I need to have a separate block device for each PostgreSQL instance or can it use the DRBD device?

I don't understand how you want to have a multimaster PostgreSQL setup with DRBD.  DRBD can only be used for an inactive standby.

So, DRBD dual primary and Cybercluster multimaster, cannot be combined?

I believe cybercluster is the most active and complete PostgreSQL clustering solution.
My endgoal is a two node cluster with load sharing and fail over where both nodes can perform reads and writes.

That's not going to happen very easily, if at all.

Why not?
Cybercluster is a multimaster clustering solution for PostgreSQL
DRBD supports dual primary
From the feature list:
Dual primary support for use with GFS/OCFS2

Perhaps it can be done without DRBD then?

In many cases asynchronous replication is just not enough to model a certain business case.
Therefore Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH offers a synchronous multimaster replication solution for PostgreSQL called Cybercluster.

Thanks,

Serge Fonville