Re: BUG #15035: scram-sha-256 blocks all logins

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: BUG #15035: scram-sha-256 blocks all logins
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 01/30/2018 05:55 PM, Meirav Rath wrote:
> Seriously, though, it took all three of you a whole day to find out
> something from the depth of your documentation, and when I point out
> that the documentation is not user-friendly - which this ordeal
> obviously proved - you complain about it?? You complain about
> something true because an outsider pointed it out??

Looking up the paragraph in a docs is a matter of 5 seconds, when you
know what you're looking for - which David obviously does. So suggesting
we've spent "whole day" to look it up is somewhat ... well.

While I agree the documentation is not perfect, but it's quite unclear
what exactly you mean by "not user-friendly". Was it difficult to find
the pg_hba.conf docs? Was the phrasing unclear?

For me, it's the first entry when searching for "pg_hba.conf" on
postgresql.org, and I find the phrasing particularly clear.

I fail to see how this particular "ordeal" proved anything in this respect.

> Our users notify us when (and if) they're about to switch to a
> different database, or start working with a new database. You don't
> know if I'm in a position to consult with them whether or not to use
> PostgreSQL, you don't know how many users we have who could hear
> from me to never, ever use PostgreSQL.
>
> Grow up, quickly.

meh

FWIW I have no intention to participate in this thread any further.

regards

Сообщение: Re: BUG #15035: scram-sha-256 blocks all logins
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15035: scram-sha-256 blocks all logins