Re: keeping images in a bytea field on AWS RDS

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: keeping images in a bytea field on AWS RDS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Mar 31, 2020, at 13:52, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
> initdb is definitely not what you want to do just to load an image into an exiting database.

I think there may be some confusion on the OP's part because many sources give out *advice* to put a filesystem path,
ratherthan the entire actual binary object, into the database... and that's still good advice, even on RDS!  It just
meansthat path needs to be a URI or some other piece of metadata that points to a different server, rather than the RDS
server.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com