Re: [HACKERS] PL_stashcache, or, what's our minimum Perl version?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PL_stashcache, or, what's our minimum Perl version?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Tels" <nospam-pg-abuse@bloodgate.com> writes:
> On Sun, July 30, 2017 12:22 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yeah, I looked into that.  The closest candidate I can find is that
>> perl 5.10.1 contains Test::More 0.92.  However, it's not real clear
>> to me exactly which files I'd need to pull out of 5.10.1 and inject into
>> an older tarball --- the layout seems a lot different from a standalone
>> package.

> So basically the two files:
> http://search.cpan.org/src/EXODIST/Test-Simple-1.302086/lib/Test/More.pm
> http://search.cpan.org/src/EXODIST/Test-Simple-1.302086/lib/Test/Builder/Module.pm
> might do the trick.

Thanks for the hint.  I transplanted these files out of a 5.10.1
tarball into 5.8.3, then built as usual:
lib/Test/Simple.pm
lib/Test/More.pm
lib/Test/Builder.pm
lib/Test/Builder/Module.pm
The result seems to work, although it fails a few of 5.8.3's tests,
probably because I didn't copy over the relevant test scripts.
It's good enough to run PG's tests though.