От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: disk filling up
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

disk filling up  ("Brandon Shalton", )
 Re: disk filling up  (Bill Moran, )
 Re: disk filling up  (Mark Lewis, )
 Re: disk filling up  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: disk filling up  ("Merlin Moncure", )
   Re: disk filling up  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: disk filling up  ("Merlin Moncure", )
 Re: disk filling up  (Mark Kirkwood, )
  Re: disk filling up  (Yudhvir Singh Sidhu, )

"Merlin Moncure" <> writes:
> third (but unlikely) possibility is there are various dropped tables,
> etc which need to be deleted but there are stale postgresql processes
> holding on to the fd.  This would only happen following a postmaster
> crash or some other bizarre scenario, but i've seen it on production
> box.

Brent Reid reported something similar in bug #3483 but I'm still quite
unclear how it'd happen in any realistic scenario.  Can you create a
test case?