Re: Optimize pg_dump schema-only

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Optimize pg_dump schema-only
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> writes:
> On 4/28/19 3:21 PM, senor wrote:
>> I see only one CPU of 32 doing anything and it's often at 100%. Disk IO
>> is minimal. Memory use varies but always plenty to spare.

> "pg_dump --schema-only" is single-threaded.

Yup.  But ...

pg_upgrade does have a --jobs option, since 9.5 or so.  What it does
is to run the dump and restore tasks for different databases of the
cluster in parallel.  So it won't help much if you've just got one
DB with a lotta objects, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Сообщение: Re: Optimize pg_dump schema-only
Сообщение: Re: Optimize pg_dump schema-only