Re: JDBC gripe list (the autocommit subthread)

От Quartz
Тема Re: JDBC gripe list (the autocommit subthread)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I posted that the remaining question is not about how and why it is used.
It is about the fact that with autocommit=true, when a the first statement to fail is in the middle of a batch, all
previousstatement are supposed to be completed and NOT rolled back (regardless of the other statement at or after the
failedstatement).

> (a) it would be quite a lot of extra work to wrap each
> statement in a separate transaction (we'd have to send explicit BEGIN/END
> around each statement execution;

> (c) usually batch updates are there for performance
> reasons, which is at odds with creating a separate transaction for each
> batched statement;

It is not about performance. It is about behavior.

> (d) the current behavior *is* allowed by the
> specification.

Not it isn't. (see top of message.)