Re: Can a C function(server program) be a UDP or TCP server?

От Billow Gao
Тема Re: Can a C function(server program) be a UDP or TCP server?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:55:19 -0400<br />"Billow Gao" <<a href="mailto:billowgy@gmail.com">billowgy@gmail.com</a>>
wewant to do it is:<br />> Add a search function which send a UDP package to remote UDP server<br />> and then
listento an UDP port, waiting for the result.<br />> Ideally, we don't close the UDP server after the search query
yes. Slightly longer answer: If you need to ask this<br />>quetion then you should really talk to someone about
networkprogram.<br />But I am not 100% sure whether I can add the c-language function (<a
href="http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/xfunc-c.html">
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/xfunc-c.html</a>)<br/>to PostgreSQL. The function will be dynamic loaded
1.send udp data to remote udp server<br />2. monitor an udp port and wait for the reply<br />3. return the data to the
writea server program that talks UDP in one direction<br />>and TCP to PostgreSQL in the other direction.  Watch out
forsecurity <br />>issues.

Сообщение: Re: Can a C function(server program) be a UDP or TCP server?
Сообщение: Re: Can a C function(server program) be a UDP or TCP server?