Re: Beta4 Tag'd and Bundled ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Beta4 Tag'd and Bundled ...
Дата
max_connections/shared_buffers (was Re: Beta4 Tag'd and Bundled ...)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Adam Witney <awitney@sghms.ac.uk> writes:
> On 4/10/03 5:16 pm, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> What did initdb set your max_connections to?

> From src/test/regress/log/initdb.log
> selecting default max_connections... 10

Hm.  The parallel regression tests require at least 20.  I deliberately
allowed initdb to select values as small as 10 on the theory that
installing and not being able to run the parallel regression tests is
better than not installing at all.  Does anyone want to argue the
opposite?  Perhaps we just need a note in the documentation --- but if
so, where?