Re: Re: libpq host/hostaddr/conninfo inconsistencies

От David Steele
Тема Re: Re: libpq host/hostaddr/conninfo inconsistencies
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/22/19 9:44 PM, Fabien COELHO wrote:

> Hmmm, I do not buy the typing argument: "host" is actually for
> everything, including directories. I do not think that adding "hostdir"
> would be desirable.
>
>> In any case, the existing doco never comes out and states either
>> rule set in so many words.  Maybe it should.

Personally I like the second and third edit from Robert's patch, but not
the first one.  I'm having a hard time seeing why you would specify host
*and* hostaddr as this seems to imply.

I also agree with Fabien's comment that host can be a path -- it's
really a path to a socket file, but it's certainly not a host name or IP
address.  Perhaps that should be called out explicitly.

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net