Re: WIP: About CMake v2

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: WIP: About CMake v2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/11/16 08:15, Yury Zhuravlev wrote:

> Craig Ringer wrote:
>> So personally I think it'd be fine if a cmake build defaulted to
>> finding and using what it could, but offered a --minimal mode or
>> whatever that gets us just core postgres + whatever we enable
>> explicitly. But our current behaviour is OK too.
>
> To me it's best way. But I'm not sure what Tom Lane will accept this.

I just had a play with this patch - nice! (ok so it needs a fix so that
the compile completes as mentioned prev).

I would recommend making it behave as Tom suggested. *Then* add an
--autodetect or similar option that makes
behave in the 'finding and using what it could' manner as a 2nd patch.

regards

Mark