Re: master and sync-replica diverging

От Erik Rijkers
Тема Re: master and sync-replica diverging
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 17, 2012 14:32, Joshua Berkus wrote:
> Erik,
>
> Are you taking the counts *while* the table is loading?  In sync replication, it's possible for
> the counts to differ for a short time due to one of three things:
>
> * transaction has been saved to the replica and confirm message hasn't reached the master yet

The count(*) was done in the way that I showed, i.e. *after* psql had exited.  My understanding is
that, with synchronous replication 'on' and configured properly, psql could only return *after*
the sync-replica had the data safely on disk.  Either my understanding is not correct or there is
a bug in postgres sync-rep.

> * replica has synched the transaction to the WAL log, but due to wal_delay settings hasn't yet
> applied it to the tables in memory.

settings are untouched.

> * updating the master with synchronous_commit = local.

During my test:  synchronous_commit = on

Thanks,

Erik Rijkers