Re: cvs to git migration - keywords

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: cvs to git migration - keywords
Дата
Re: cvs to git migration - keywords  (Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> So what happens right now using the existing git repository is that
> the $PostgeSQL$ tags are there, but they're unexpanded.  They just say
> $PostgreSQL$ rather than $PostgreSQL: tgl blah blah$.

Really?  All of them?  Seems like that would have taken some intentional
processing somewhere.

If we could make the conversion work like that (rather than removing the
whole line) it would negate my line-number-change argument, which might
mean that files pulled from the repository would be "close enough" to
their actual historical form that no one would mind.  It's still a
judgment call though.  On balance I think I'd rather adopt the simple
rule that historical file states in the git repository should match what
you would have gotten from the cvs repository.