Re: CREATE TABLE .. PARTITION OF fails to preserve tgenabled for inherited row triggers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CREATE TABLE .. PARTITION OF fails to preserve tgenabled for inherited row triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hmm, next question: should we backpatch a fix for this?  (This applies
> all the way back to 11.)  If we do, then we would change behavior of
> partition creation.  It's hard to see that the current behavior is
> desirable ... and I think anybody who would have come across this, would
> wish it behaved the other way.  But still -- it would definitely be a
> behavior change.

The behavior change seems like it'd be an improvement in a vacuum,
but I wonder how it would interact with catalog contents left behind
by the old misbehavior.  Also, would we expect pg_dump to try to do
anything to clean up the mess?  If so, allowing a back branch to have
had more than one behavior would complicate that greatly.