Re: Auto Increment

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Auto Increment
Дата
List metadata tags (was Re: Auto Increment)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
>> Would posting a FAQ list on a regular basis to the list be
>> helpful for things like this, like is done on the Perl newsgroups?]

> I don't think so.  Doesn't everyone know the location of the FAQ?

Undoubtedly not :-( ... but it's unlikely that a routine posting would
help to dispel cluelessness, either.  More likely it'd just waste space
in the archives.

At one time Marc was arranging for the list bot to append automatic
tags to all postings.  I'd be in favor of an automatic tag that read
something like

        list administrivia: majordomo@hub.org
        Postgres FAQs: http://...

Suggestions anyone?  (Keep in mind that brevity is the soul of wit
here...)