Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> That being so, I would consider the idea that the NO bit is a separate
> word rather than run together with the actual privilege name.  And given
> that CREATE has all the options default to "NO", there is no need to
> have these options at all in CREATE, is there?

FWIW, I disagree with that, mainly because I don't think we should cast in
stone the assumption that NO will always be the default for everything we
might invent in the future.  Also, the precedent of the existing options
will lead people to expect that they can explicitly say NO-whatever.