Re: Test::More version

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Test::More version
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/11/21 15:44, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 2021-Nov-11, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> Perhaps we could add a line to one of the TAP tests that would spit out
>>> the version on the log?
>> Maybe have it spit out the version of *all* the modules we require
>> (which aren't all that many), not just Test::More?
> Yeah ... configure is already checking those versions, so maybe we could
> make it print them out along the way?  I'd been thinking of doing exactly
> this just for documentation purposes, so if there's a concrete need for
> it, let's get it done.

The attached seems to do the trick:

checking for perl module IPC::Run 0.79... 20200505.0
checking for perl module Test::More 0.87... 1.302183
checking for perl module Time::HiRes 1.52... 1.9764

> I have no objection to updating prairiedog to whatever new minimum
> version we settle on.  But if there are other buildfarm animals with
> old versions, that might be a reason not to change it.

Yeah, let's see what's actually in use and then we can decide.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Patch abstracts in the Commitfest app
Сообщение: Re: Patch abstracts in the Commitfest app