Re: list tablespaces named in custom format dump

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: list tablespaces named in custom format dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/23/22 11:07, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 5/23/22 10:01 AM, Rob Sargent wrote:
On 5/23/22 11:00, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 5/23/22 9:54 AM, Rob Sargent wrote:
On 5/23/22 10:50, Adrian Klaver wrote:

Roger that, but does the dump of a database name the tablespaces from which the objects were retrieved? And if so, is that accessible?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/app-pgrestore.html

"--no-tablespaces

    Do not output commands to select tablespaces. With this option, all objects will be created in whichever tablespace is the default during restore.
"

Would indicate it does. I don't have cluster set up with tablespaces to test, but I would try:

pg_restore -l <custom_format_file>

This will produce a Table of Contents for the file.

Ah, missed that. Thanks.
(Now I'll have to find the version used to dump the db...)

If you have it just use the Postgres 14 version of pg_restore it will be able to read older files from older versions of pg_dump.

This is great news.  I do have pg14.  I thought you had to dump with the save version as restore.