Re: pasting a lot of commands to psql

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pasting a lot of commands to psql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/07/2016 10:41 AM, Dmitry Shalashov wrote:
>> Have you also tried simplifying the sql for multiple values in one
> statement?
> this is another possible solution, but it's not answering my general
> "why is this happening" question.

When I have seen this I put it down to encoding issues. It happens most
often when I cut and paste from places like this list, where sometimes
strange/hidden characters are swept up in the cut and then do not
translate into the paste.

> [...]
>                     b2b=> INSERT INTO oko_topsites
>                     VALUES('russian_federation','ati.su
>                     <http://ati.su>',0,NULL,5);
>                     INSERT INTO oko_topsites
>                     VALUES('russian_federation'b2b=> INSERT INTO
>                     oko_topsites VALUES('russian_federation','atn.ua
>                     <http://atn.ua>',0,NULL,5);
>                     b2b=> INSERT INTO oko_topsites
>                     VALUES('russian_federation','audit-it.ru
>                     <http://audit-it.ru>',0,NULL,5);
>                     b2b=> INSERT INTO oko_topsites
>                     VALUES('russian_federation','aup.ru
>                     <http://aup.ru>',0,NULL,5);
>                     '
>                     b2b=> INSERT INTO oko_topsites
>                     VALUES('russian_federation','autocentre.ua
>                     <http://autocentre.ua>',0,NULL,5);
>
>                     b2b=> INSERT INTO oko_topsites
>                     VALUES('russian_federation','autodoc.ru
>                     <http://autodoc.ru>',0,NULL,5);
>
>                     b2b=> INSERT INTO oko_topsites
>                     VALUES('russian_federation','calend.ru
>                     <http://calend.ru>'
>
>                     b2b(> INSERT INTO oko_topsites
>                     VALUES('russian_federation','calorizator.ru
>                     <http://calorizator.ru>',0,NULL,5)
>
>                     Unclosed quotes, unclosed parenthesis - anyway it
>                     wont work.
>
>                     How to safely insert big number of statements to
>                     psql at once?
>                     I am aware about "execute this file" \i option of
>                     psql, that is not the answer I am looking for,
>                     thanks :-)
>

>                 What are you exactly aiming to do?
>
>                 Have you tried -
>                 psql  < myfile
>

>                     Dmitry Shalashov, surfingbird.ru
>                     <http://surfingbird.ru> & relap.io <http://relap.io>
>
>                 --
>                 --
>                 Best Regards
>                 Sameer Kumar | DB Solution Architect
>                 *ASHNIK PTE. LTD.*
>
>                 101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore
>                 069 533
>
>                 T: +65 6438 3504 | M: +65 8110 0350 | www.ashnik.com
>

>             >...I `cat` it, copy it to buffer, go to my beloved psql and
>             insert it there.
>             This might seem a bit basic, but as long as you have a psql
>             session, why not just use
>             *\i your_file_name  *
>
>             No need to cat, copy & paste!
>             --
>             *Melvin Davidson*
>             I reserve the right to fantasize.  Whether or not you
>             wish to share my fantasy is entirely up to you.
>

>     It would help if you provided the version of PostgreSQL and the O/S.
>
>     Have you also tried simplifying the sql for multiple values in one
>     statement?
>     eg:
>      INSERT INTO oko_topsites
>      VALUES
>      ('russian_federation','ati.su <http://ati.su>',0,NULL,5),
>      ('russian_federation','audit-it.ru <http://audit-it.ru>',0,NULL,5),
>      ('russian_federation','calorizator.ru
>     <http://calorizator.ru>',0,NULL,5);
>
>     --
>     *Melvin Davidson*
>     I reserve the right to fantasize.  Whether or not you
>     wish to share my fantasy is entirely up to you.

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: pasting a lot of commands to psql
Сообщение: Re: pasting a lot of commands to psql