Re: existence of a savepoint?

От Stuart McGraw
Тема Re: existence of a savepoint?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/29/2018 08:26 AM, Brian Dunavant wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 6:04 PM, Stuart McGraw <smcg4191@mtneva.com <mailto:smcg4191@mtneva.com>> wrote:
>     Is there some way to to test if a savepoint of a given name
>     exists?  Or better yet, the number of stacked savepoints of
>     that name?
>
> This is kind of backwards, but you can determine if a savepoint by a certain name exists by trying to release it.
 Youcan do so without damaging the transaction by creating a savepoint immediately beforehand, but this will cause you
tolose the state of the named savepoint.  Example below.

> [...snipped for brevity...]

Thanks.  That's interesting, protecting a questionable
release with another savepoint.  I wouldn't have thought
of that.  But I'm not sure it helps my ultimate goal of
simplifying my application code or that it doesn't shift
the problem of not leaking savepoints to the test
savepoints.

От: Stuart McGraw
Сообщение: Re: existence of a savepoint?
От: nageswara Bandla
Сообщение: Re: Pgagent is not reading pgpass file either in Windows or Linux.