Re: error error [starting the service in Windoze...]

От Greg Cocks
Тема Re: error error [starting the service in Windoze...]
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Assuming you have a Windows install, have you tried going to the Control Panel, Users, and deleting the user 'Posgres'
beforeyour reinstall OR changing its password to one you know? (assuming you are logged on as an admin?) This is the
userthat starts the Windoze service... it should need no 'maintenance tasks', but it is not allowed to have Admin
rightsI believe... Note that 'Postgres' is the default user at the install for the service, but you might have changed
thisduring your initial installation of PostgreSQL...

Cheers:
GREG COCKS
gcocks@stoller.com