invalid memory alloc request size 1684370054

От Brendan Duddridge
Тема invalid memory alloc request size 1684370054
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

Today in our logs we received the following exception:

Exception Message: EvaluateExpression failed: <com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.PostgresqlExpression:

update category_product
set product_is_active = p.is_active, product_status_code = p.status_code
from product p
where category_product.product_id = p.product_id  and
category_id = 1001415;

Next exception:SQL State:XX000 -- error code: 0 -- msg: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size 1684370054

I'm not sure which memory setting I need to change to correct this. I have the following postgresql.conf settings (that are changed from their defaults) on an OS X Server 10.4.6 Xserve with 8 GB of RAM:

max_connections = 100
shared_buffers = 4096
work_mem = 4096
maintenance_work_mem = 32768
max_stack_depth = 6144
max_fsm_pages = 300000
wal_buffers = 64
checkpoint_segments = 128
effective_cache_size = 655360
default_statistics_target = 100
stats_start_collector = on
stats_command_string = on
stats_row_level = on
autovacuum = on
statement_timeout = 180000
deadlock_timeout = 3000

Do these settings seem reasonable for an 8 GB machine?

The update was operating on a category that has 113,299 products in it.  I'm guessing that blew some memory gasket somewhere! :-)

Thanks,

Brendan Duddridge | CTO | 403-277-5591 x24 |  brendan@clickspace.com

ClickSpace Interactive Inc.
Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE