Re: name truncation problem in 7.0.0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: name truncation problem in 7.0.0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ed Loehr <eloehr@austin.rr.com> writes:
> Maybe someone can confirm what looks like a long-name-truncation bug in
> 7.0.0?

I see no bug here; it told you what name it planned to use for the
sequence:

> psql:/home/ed/pgbug:8: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit
> sequence 'process_state_subscripti_id_seq' for SERIAL column
> 'process_state_subscription.id'

so this is not surprising:

> DROP SEQUENCE process_state_subscription_id_seq;
> psql:/home/ed/pgbug:10: NOTICE:  identifier
> "process_state_subscription_id_seq" will be truncated to
> "process_state_subscription_id_s"
> psql:/home/ed/pgbug:10: ERROR:  Relation
> 'process_state_subscription_id_s' does not exist

It's not a bug that the sequence name is formed with a rule more complex
than "truncate table_field_seq at the right" ... if we did that, you'd
have a problem with sequences for tables with names longer than 32
characters ...