Re: Getting our tables to render better in PDF output

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Getting our tables to render better in PDF output
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> writes:
> I was thinking that there were references that included parameters, but I'm
> not finding any with actual parameter values, so at most we'd lose the "()"
> of a reference.

We could possibly stick the parens into the indexterm text.  Arguably
that's an improvement on its own merits, since it'd become clearer which
index entries are function names.  If you don't want that, another idea is
to put xreflabel options that include the parens into the indexterm tags.
Or we can just standardize on not having parens, but personally I like
them.  Without parens, for clarity you really have to write "function
<function>foo</function>" which is redundant-looking in the XML and hence
easy to get wrong.

> Assuming we want to make the anchors visible, we need a way for people to
> discover the anchors we've made, and my thought there is that we make the
> first definition a non-xref link to the indexterm just above it. Any
> thoughts on what the best way to do that is?

I'm not really buying into that as a requirement.  For one thing, the
anchor name will be 100% predictable.

One thing that I noticed while playing with this last night is that
even though <xref> or <link> links will take you right to the exact
table entry, the index entries generated from the indexterms only
point to the page.  That seems pretty sad, why isn't it better?

Сообщение: Re: Getting our tables to render better in PDF output
Сообщение: Re: Getting our tables to render better in PDF output